Monday, May 10, 2010

Ugh is the word of the day..

I am not looking for a pitty party or attention. I chose to start a blog to let my friends and family know the adventures and misadventures we're having in Washington. And I am doing just that. However, it is such sweet release to type out my feelings. It makes me feel better and as I type I feel like I might somehow figure things out? So here we go..

I spend about 75% of my day by myself. I can't say I am alone because the dogs are here and I try to run an errand or two and hit up the dog park to meet someone to talk about our dogs with to get some socialization. I am a people person and not having that interaction is stating to bother me. I'm starting to make puddles into mud with Matt. There have been a couple times when I freak out and take everything the wrong way. He knows that I am trying my hardest and doesnt really know what else to say about trying to get a job and that we knew this going into the move. He also pointed out that we're (Matt obviously) financially stable right now so we don't have to worry. It's that feeling again that I want to contribute and it's starting to break me that I can't. I am so so soo lucky that I have such a great boyfriend. I obviously made the right decision by moving to South Dakota to be with him.

I've beening wondering what if I had selected a different major. Like if I wasn't afraid of needles I could have been a nurse and finding a job would have been much easier. If I go back to school for a masters in teaching it will be a 2 year program each Saturday. Classes start in October (Im hoping not the weekend of Heather's wedding) And we will be here till at least April 2012. So it would be 6 extra months.. which Matt doesnt think would cause a problem. I just need to take a couple pre-req classes at the community college here. And it would be awesome to move in 2 years and know that I know which job im applying for and just need to find schools. Not sit and look at websites looking for jobs that i "might" qualify for. I do have have a lot of experience, but I'm over the customer service experience.

I miss my Brookings routine. I miss waking up and going to work. I miss visiting with my co-workers. I miss taking the dogs on "our walk". I miss coming home, having dinner and watching tv with Matt and getting ready for bed and going to bed at the same time. It's 11 pm and I'm in the living room on the internet alone. Even the dogs are upstairs sleeping. Maybe I will have to get up at 6 and go to bed when Matt does at 945... Tomorrow I will...

I am done complaining. I have to stay positive. I know good things will happen I just have to wait and I HATE WAITING! UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment