With rain for 2 weeks, I took full advantage of the beautiful weekend we've had.I just got in from my day outside. I would like to say I was productive and planted flowers or mowed the lawn, but I took the dog's to the dog park and read half of "Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea" and got a nice base tan for the summer :) WOOHOO!
Nothing to exciting to write about. My best friends are still the neighbor girls. Sophie the youngest, came to the door with can cozies she got from Dick's Sporting Goods (for free as a promo since they were just opening). She asked if I wanted one for my husband because it was camouflage. I took the one and she said that they were selling the others to their friends for free and gave me another one.... kids, they definitely say some funny things.
Thursday night we went to Buffalo Wild Wings (yummy) in Portland with Matt's friend, Jeff and then to Washougal's self proclaimed "dive-bar". It was pretty entertaining as it was karaoke night with Danny C and the only 2 singers were 3 sheets to the wind and sang country songs I'd never heard before. Jeff locked himself out of his house so we had our first guest spend the night. I wouldnt be able to use a butter knife and crawl through the kitchen window like i did 10 years ago, so I hid a key to be on the safe side.
Friday afternoon, Matt and I took the dogs on a hike. It would be a great hike to take our visitors on. Beautiful scenery and not to hard of a walk, about 2 1/2 miles to the "pool of winds". We also went to the Bonneville Dam and were able to go to this fish viewing area, and you could see the salmon and steelheads swim through the ladder. I am not a fish person but it was actually very cool.
Happy Mothers Day to all the moms with kids and pets :)
No comments:
Post a Comment