I am super excited and nervous, I have interviews!! so cross your fingers and send your good vibes
All this happened on Thursday:
I applied for a position at a local credit union the first week we were here.. I did an initial phone interview April 29 and heard nothing in response. I emailed and called.. and finally on Thursday I got a call. Apparently the HR lady was busy because another HR lady had to go on leave unexpectedly. But we scheduled an interview on Monday. The job is a member service representative.. Not sure it is something I'll like but well find out..
Then, I heard back from the Target recruiter and she said all the positions in Vancouver were filled, but there were openings in the Portland area. Not after 5 minutes that I replied back to her saying I would be willing to commute, I received a phone call for an interview :) This is for a Team Lead position which I think is like a supervisor? again, I'll find out Monday at my interview.
THEN, I heard from the Admissions lady at City U where I am looking at the Masters in Teaching program and I only need 2 pre-req's for the program. A science with a lab (boo ) and math for teachers class, another thumbs down. So I'm gonna investigate this further after I figure out where I will be working and how much I like it, but I also need to take these classes this summer.. Again we'll see what happens here.
THEN, after a delicious meal at buffalo wild wings (yes, again- they have large tv's with the Twins and .60 wings on Thursdays) I received an email that I was chosen to do a initial phone interview with university of western states, for an admissions assistant position. Sounds intersting and I'm just proud of my cover letter for that position. I killed it, I was so proud of myself.
So I had a successful Thursday!
Matt had Friday off. We went for a walk along the dyke with our dogs, and Jones the golden retreiver we were dog sitting. Well, our walk turned into a run in the downpour. It sucked. I was soaked and we had 3 wet dogs in my car... I had towels for the pups at least. Matt told me that he was told "people in the Northwest don't plan around the rain, they just do it" I'm not so sure how I feel about that.
Today I went into Clackamas where my Target interview is. I lived in Brookings too long and I was soo nervous driving in 3 lanes of traffic. I walked around Target and drove around the area. There is a great harvest bread co store which I thought was only in Minnesota? And there was a Starbucks in Target, and next to Target was a Starbucks? Really? There are sooo many coffee places around here its crazy. I also made a stop at Jared the jewelry store to look at rings :) I can't help but daydream a little.
I'm restless and a little bored. I would love to hang out with my friends right about now.. On a happy note, Matt and I might be going to a Twins & Mariners game the first week of June and SATC 2 comes out next week. So, like Carrie Bradshaw says- things are lookin up :) - im gonna watch SATC now.
I let my new best friend Sofie use my camera to take pictures of the dogs. Then, she wanted one of her and the dogs..She's so funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment