The sun is starting to shine through the windows, it is time to start my morning routine. Today was different though since Dad was gone, Mom let us sleep on the bed... We only jump on the bed when he is not home. I do miss him very much, but there is nothing like sleeping on that comfy fluffy bed with my momma, and brother.
Anyways 5:37 AM I carefully crawl to lay on mom and stare at her till she opens her eyes. I give her a morning lick and am told "go lay down" I wonder what that means, so I go and find a new place to lay for a few minutes till I get bored... This continues until the morning music maker goes off. I couldn't be happier. I move up to lay on her head and whine with joy and lick my momma's face till she's up. Finally, breakfast!
After I eat my undersized meal, I clean Dude's bowl, the area around his bowl and the area around our food bags, hoping I missed something from last nights dinner just to get an extra kernel. Today, I tried licking the carpet to get a trail to the kernels with no success. After breakfast it's time to play with my brother. Dude is not a morning person. This leaves me napping till the door with the big water bowl opens. JOY! I love licking the lotion and water off moms legs and even get extra water from the big water bowl (she means the shower)
Mom says its time to go and I know that means a treat for me! I rush into my house and nap for what seems like hours.
After 45 minutes, mom is back and asks if I want to go to the park. Again, I whine and wiggle with excitement. The ride to the park is always long. At the park we made new friends. Eddy the red dog, and his brother and sister puggle. Eddy's human had a ball chucker. Bonus! I love to chase my brother and our friends, while they run after the ball. Somehow, I get the ball. And I always try to get Dude to chase me and he never does. I drop the ball with disappointment and Mom says. "She'll fetch it, but has some problems bringing it all the way back." After playing king of the hill with Dude, I am exhausted and slowly make my way to the car...
Mom left us in the back yard after our walk. I found some sticks, chewed them up, chased Dude, drank water, layed next to Dude in the sun, "get the birds" as mom says, drank water, layed next to Dude in the shade, watch some ants and eat some more wood.
When we finally are let back inside mom is laying on that brown bed with the tv on. I hear her talk to someone and look at her hoping the words park, walk or car come out. They didn't and I lay next to Dude with disappointment. After my afternoon cat nap I decide momma should wake up to. I quietly crawl up on the brown bed and give her a lick. I'm told "get down" So I give her a look and wag my tail and bury my head under her chin. I hope that's what that means. It seems to work.
Now that I woke mom up, I am exhausted and find a place to sleep next to the brown bed. But wait I just heard something. I go from Dude to mom and back. YES! It's what I thought. "wanna go in the car" This means I get to go for a ride and on a new adventure. I don't know what it will bring, but I will whine, lick and wiggle with excitement the whole time.
Love it! :)
ReplyDeletei love it too :)
ReplyDeletedogs have such rough lives
ReplyDelete