Friday, June 25, 2010

Roll with the punches.

 This past week was a slow week at work. I was able to chat on gmail, look at school stuff, stalk my favorite celebs. However, today at work was long and just different from all the other days. Lots of people, weird people. My very last member today wanted $1,500. She couldn't make up her mind on what type of bills to get back. She said the paper reported that  people have been bleaching 5 dollar bills and turning them into 50's apparently. So after a good minute of debating with herself we decided on her bills and she left. But not before looking for the water mark and strip of every bill.. ugh.. and did I mention this was at 6 when we close at 6? Yes, even better.

Not to much happened this week. We walked the dyke. I felt motivated and took the dogs to the dog park at 730 AM.  We had an impromptu date night and ate dinner at this pizza place called Twilight. It is sooo good. Small pizza's and kinda pricey but the fresh basil on their pizza is yummy. After we stopped to watch an inning of a baseball game probably 7th graders? and then came home to watch Sopranos and eat ice cream sammys.. Well I was the only one, as Matt's trying to stay "fit". I used to hate the Sopranos. Since we started from season 1 I actually really enjoy it. And it beats flipping channels at night.

It was Matt's idea that we kicked the soccer ball around tonight, since he has World Cup fever. It was funny to watch him dribble the ball and make fake moves. I asked him if he was pretending to be Donovan and he said no Cristiano  something. How horrible is it that I don't know soccer players names and I've plaved for 20 years? ahh.. oh well. We ended up doing a shoot out and Matt won... He was actually the only one to score on our elementary sized nets. I stopped the ball inside the net with my hands.  A little late, oops. I told him next time we could play tennis. He said no because it would frusterate him too much, because I wouldnt be able to hit the ball back to him. Does he think the way he kicks a soccer ball bothers me? Yes, but I deal and play because I love playing soccer and him of course. I think I'm gonna look into a summer league or fall one.

At the beggining of the week Matt mentioned that North Bonneville was having a BBQ Blues and Beer festival or something along those lines. I was excited that we would be able to hang out outside, when the weather is supposed to be nice and meet his work friends and eat BBQ. And then dissapointment. He has to work over night Saturday, no BBB for this gal.
I know I shouldnt be upset. But I am. I was excited. I know plans change, but I was really looking forward to it. To get out and do something together. I shouldt be mad he has to work, because its money.. but I get lonely being alone all day and night...

Its nice days/nights that I wish we were back in Minnesota at Lori and BK's cabin on Lake Stella, or enjoying Lake Superior.. together.. with friends and family. (someday I know I will be able to do this again) Then I have to pull myself back to reality and realize I am doing something some of my friends and family have never done and it's an experience, I should live it up. It's tough though.. 

Anyways, I've learned things dont always go my way and I just have to roll with it. No matter how tough it is. Everything will be okay.

Time for bed, I can't hear the dogs ripping around the yard anymore, which means they are destroying something...

And next time you talk to me, ask about the cock fight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment