Holy Moly.. I hadn't realized it's been so long since my last update.. So grab yourself a soda and chips.. Matt's entertained by watching "a que no puedes" on of our 13 tv channels in spanish...so I should be able to update this quick! :) Where do I start...Things have been really busy but not? Does that make sense?
Let's start with Seattle. Last Thursday, Matt and I went to Seattle to see the Twins game. We dropped the kids off with a friend and headed north. I was so excited about the game, that I forgot about the Space Needle and the waterfront that Seattle has. After we checked in to the hotel, we walked 2.8 miles to the baseball field. Lets not forget to mention, The hotel room was as large as my blue bin blue bedroom on Glenwood Street. You had to rest your feet on the shower while going pee. Okay, not that small, but it was tiny. We walked through the outskirts of the public market and the streets of downtown Seattle. We got to the stadium at 4 and couldnt get into it till 510. We walked around and purchased a sharpie so we could get some autographs since we would be there for batting practice/warm ups. We were going to have them sign Matt's hat so he could "retire it" but that never happened.
Batting practice was AMAZING! It was a lot of fun. We were literally on the dug out. (if the old lady security guards weren't watching) And we saw everyone up close and got great pictures. There were little kids and big kids. Lots of young kids screaming "Joe Mauer, Joe Mauer" whenever he got close to the dug out. And Matt thought that Blackburn was checking me out ahaha. I ended up getting a ball from the third base coach during warm ups. I cold have given it to a kid, but I'd never gotten a MLB ball before and what if I had the chance to get it signed?! AH! But no autographs. Oh well..
We had second row seats but eventually moved to the first. The guy and his wife who were originally sitting next to me where huge d-bags. Excuse my language, but they both gave off this "I'm better than you vibe" and the guy was just a dick. He made several comments about the Twins that sounded so ridiculous. He seemed like the type that went so he could tell his friends that he was at the game last night ya know? ugh..
During the 7th inning stretch, there was a couple that got engaged. I was a little jealous. Not of it being at a baseball game, but ugh... I don't think that I'm in a "rush" I just want to look forward to being Matt's wife officially. starting that new stage together and being a family. I have other things that need to happen before that so that's what I'll worry about for now.
Anyways, our walk home was looooooong. It was the same mileage, but at 1030 PM with little foot traffic and scary people, my heart raced the entire time. I'm so small town when it comes to that type of stuff, its sad I stereotype.
Friday we walked around Seattle City Center and got an idea of what we could do when friends and family come out and we go up to Seattle. We met up with Matt's friend for lunch and he took us around the area and before we headed back we went to an actual cupcake shop called "Cupcake Royale" OMG it was sooooo good.
I started my new job as a teller Monday. The people are nice. And there are not a lot of employees so I'll get to know everyone pretty well. Hopefully make some friends and have someone to hang out with. The downside is the pay, I most likely won't get days off I want in August and we had ROBBERY training the other day.. I am so scared now after that training.. Yikes.
Sorry if this makes no sense and if there are spelling errors. im to tired to proof read. Time for bed
No comments:
Post a Comment