Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hello Gorge



We did a hike on Saturday. We had no idea where we were going or where we would end up but we found a parking spot and chose a trail and ended up over looking North Bonneville and the Gorge. The views were awesome.  Our hike was straight up hill and it felt like 2 hours to get to the top. But only took 25 to get down.  My thighs and calves were burning.
After we stopped at our favorite pizza place in Stevenson for dinner yummm.

Dogpark update :)  I think people need to understand its a dog park, and dogs are not kids nor do they behave like saints. This older couple came in with their younger dog and a ball chucker and ball. For those of you who don't know, a ball chucker looks like an ice cream scoop at the top with a very long handle. When used, the tennis ball goes farther then I could ever throw.  Well Dude LOVES the ball chucker. Seriously that's an understatement. The couple came into the dog park and Dude saw it and ran up to the guy. Dude trying to be his charming self was trying to "heal" next to the guy. The lady kept telling him to leave. and the guy just wanted Dude to leave. Well I got Dude under control and starting walking away when Jersey decided to chase the ball with their dog. GREAT! Jersey got it and brought it back to them.. Apparently that's not what they wanted. So they ended up going to the small/shy dog of the park so they could get away from Dude and play by themselves. Seriously guy, you're at the dog park. You're not going to be able to play fetch with your golden child dog without other dogs playing. But that's not the end of it. After another lap, Dude realized they were playing with the chucker. So the dog and his chucker were on one side of the fence and Dude on the other. Dude ran back and forth for a good 5 minutes with the slightest hope that the wind would carry the ball over to his side of the fence. He never got it. Before that gong show, Jersey decided to sit in a mud puddle. She loved it so much she laid and rolled in it. Very charming. They both got baths yesterday.

Anyways, I am still waiting to hear from my other to interviews, but I have to take this CU offer by today. So I've given myself a deadline of 1 o'clock. If I haven't heard by then, the offer is in. I can always back out. Which isn't the best thing, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

No comments:

Post a Comment