We have 4 nights left in Brookings! It really doesn't feel like we are moving, it is soo weird. I think it's because we have nothing packed, cleaned or ready to go. I walk around the house picking up and placing things in their area. Since we can't pack, I have everything in its own little home, with things that is belongs with. And I really want to clean but know my efforts would be wasted (I may have a slight case of OCD regarding organization/cleanliness.)Come Monday we're going to have strangers walking around the house packing our stuff. I can make it 2 days.. hopefully.
I had my last day of work yesterday. It really doesn't feel like it was my last day. Knowing I will not have to deal with those idiots ever again, makes me very happy. To celebrate my last day, Matt and I met some friends at the South Dakota State University Rodeo. Yes, a real live rodeo. My one and only rodeo too. You get over the smell, and it did have its entertaining parts. However, I was not a fan of the "goat tying" event.. Ugh. I felt so bad for the little goats just baaah baaahing away. How this would work is- A girl would ride her horse up to the goat who was tied to a rope,(like a dog on a leash) jump off her horse, run up to the goat and tie its 4 legs together. For a second I wanted to become a vegetarian, however I don't eat goat and I really like steak :)
It is Brookings' annual spring clean up this week. People throw their unwanted or broken or used stuff on the curb. At the end of the week the city comes by and picks it up and brings it to the landfill. It's the cities way of getting clean for graduation for SDSU. The best part of this is that there are people who drive around and rummage through and pick up this junk off the curb. And one day we were on our walk and Dude peed on a washer or dryer... The next day when we walked by, it was gone. I just hope they cleaned it before putting it in their house. Gross!
We took part in a rummage sale today. Some kids decided to try to sell a grill and bike they found on the curb. They didn't sell, but it was pretty entertaining watching the people come in and take a look at the stuff. On a side note, no one wanted my clothes, but we did get rid of a treadmill that didn't want to come to Washington with us.
I hope everyone has a good weekend, it is supposed to be 66 here tomorrow :) Bring on the tan.
No comments:
Post a Comment