Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm a Skamaniac

AHHHHHH! I am exhausted. Finding a place is a lot harder than I thought!

Sunday morning we got up and took a walk along the Columbia River and they dogs got their feet a little wet.. I was not about to go knee deep in freezing water so they could take a swim. In the afternoon, we got to Skamania lodge. It is beautiful here. One downside to the lodge is that we don't have a fridge.. and a second, there is no continental breakfast. We went to a local brewery and got some pizza and I had fresh brewed root beer. It reminded me of the rootbeer generic candies you get. But with a different after taste.

Monday we went into towm to look at places. We went to the local chamber of commerce to get a map and from there drove around to the places I had found online earlier. We really liked one place but they didn't have a grassy area to take the dogs out to pee. And for the rent you pay, you didn't get a pool, exercise room or garage etc. The other 2 were decent sized apartments and the complexes weren't bad, but neither of us fell in love. They are both located on the second busiest street in Vancouver. But they are very close to a bus station. There is a shuttle that takes goes from Vancouver to North Bonneville (aprox 30 miles) for 1$ each way. It would take some time for him to get to and from, but would save a ton of money on gas. After Matt talked to some co-workers they can car pool or ride the bus together, which would work out well.

From Monday to today I called over 40 people (no exaggerating) who had "for rent" or "now renting" signs. I am so glad I didn't reduce my cellphone minutes! Most say no pets or pets under 35 lbs.. ugh, so frustrating.

I am sick of craigslist. I see that same 2 places being advertised over and over. I even put an add in craigs list for housing wanted, and that same apartment building emailed me! They are snipers!

Last night we took advantage of the pool and hot tub. The hottub was awesome! It's outside and it started to sprinkle a little bit. Add the mountains and cooler air.. so nice.

I did apply for a job at a lodge nearby here. It would be nice if both Matt and I worked out here (North Bonneville) The rent would be cheaper (if we found a place) and its quiet and the whole county has something like 13,000 people.. so its a small towm, the people at the pizza place recognized me when I went in there for the second day in a row.:)

My car is getting dropped off at 6 tonight! I am very excited to have some more clothes and my own wheels so I can go search for a place!

Alright, time to get back to house hunting! Cross your fingers please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment