Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Birthday Week

Birthday week!!!

             To start of birthday week, Matt and I drove up into the forest and cut down our very first Christmas tree. It was actually pretty fun. We bought a xmas tree pass for 5$ and headed up into the forest. I knew I was going to end up with a charlie brown Christmas tree all scraggly and young, I wasn't too disappointed with our tree.
              We saw an opening to park the car and headed into the forest with our saw and tarp. It was hard to figure out where we were going to park because the sides of the roads were snow covered and we didn't want to get stuck. We started walking and ran into this fish and wildlife guy (like a wildlife officer something) and he pointed out a spot down the road. We followed him down to this spot and headed in about 100 yards.. And it was like tree heaven. Of course they were not the trees that you see at a farm or stand, but there were a bunch of trees. I would definitely go back next year.
                When we first walked in we were the first pair of tracks in there so it was easy to remember where we had been.. Well we marked 2 of the first trees we saw. And then we walked around for about an hour trying to find the perfect tree. We were like goldy locks. Matt would say no, I would say no.. and then one wouldn't be strong enough to hold lights blah blah.. We ended up cutting down the very first tree we liked :) weird..
                After Matt cut down the tree we rolled it on a tarp and pulled it back to the truck, loaded it up and headed home.
               The tree measured at 11 feet and we needed it to be around 8.. so a little from the top a little from the bottom it was ready for the house. It in no way resembles and tree I've ever had. It doesn't have that tree shape to it, but I love it. I finally decorated it last night.
                   Now I am just hoping that doesn't get excited and lift his leg and pee on it. Matt and I talked to Dude about it, but still both feel like he will at some point, pee on our tree.. such is life with a male dog :)
                    My mom sent out our presents and I'm gonna wrap Matt's itunes gift card he got for Christmas and already begged me to use so we'll have presents under the tree :)
                                     That's all for now! Happy Holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment