Friday, November 19, 2010

             Okay... I'm seriously slacking. I'm gonna type of the "readers digest" version for you today. I say Readers Digest, because at work we had a quarterly meeting and the speakers kept using the term "readers digest". ugh.

          So since Matt and I got back from Minnesota, we've had 2 visotors. His dad and my best friend Clara.  And we welcome more to come visit!!
                When Jeff came out Matt took him on this charter to catch sturgeon on the Columbia River. They caught a bunch and the weather was great for them. We also took him to the coast to places we hadnt yet been to. Of course it was raining and windy. I was thankful again, that I had purchased a water resistant coat. (If you ever move the Pacific NW, it's a must have) We saw the "Big Spruce" "Octopus Tree" and drove along scenic highway 101. And we had lunch at Sconers. For your SATC fans, does that name ring a bell for anything? :) The guys got food from the ocean and I had a salad :) I did dip bread into their soups and bisque so, go me! Jeff also put the mirror on my car. (Dads are so good at that stuff) and fixed some stuff around the house. After Matt brought him to the airport he was like, "i miss him already and he just left" Makes me smile :) I'm glad we get along with our parents so well.
                Clara came out to visit over Veterans Day weekend. It was the same weekend she came to visit Mandy, Andrew and I when I lived in Colorado. Memories :) Since I had Thursday off we went to Seaside and Cannon Beach. These were places that we saw when BK and Lori were out here, but didn't get a chance to take a look through the shops. The shops had some cute things, And after awhile they start to look the same. but the towns are super cute and Clara got to the Pacific Ocean. And she got to take a picture of someone (me in the sand) jumping. so knock 2 things of of that to do list :)
            Friday I really should have called in sick to work, but Matt scared me saying that if I lose my job "you'll have to move back to Minnesota" He's so extreme.. bahahah. So Matt took Clara along the gorge and she got some Amazing photos! Wish I coulda been there. After I got home Friday, we went to a sushi restaurant and I tried a little of each other theirs. And I actaully got punked. Matt got something that had fish eggs on them. and when I asked what the "decorations" were they both didnt know... So i tried abite of Matt's stuff and bit into the decorations. I wanted to ralph on the table but helded it in.. ugh. It was gross. And after I tried it they both laughed and then told me what it was.. Thanks guys! :) After dinner we met up with some friends here at a local brew pub.
             Saturday Clara and I ventured to the Saturday Market and around Downton Portland since I'd never been. And then we ended the night at Twilight Pizza.. and watching sex and the city.
              Sunday we went up to Dougan Falls in the rain and then headed to the airport shopping area and clara was nice enough to get us a gift card for a home store. And i can't decide what to get! eeek!
Clara also took some pictures of the dogs kinda spur of the moment while we were getting ready to go. She's posted 2 on facebook. They turned out so cute. Dudes my background on my work computer now :)
          And then after Clara left, Matt left for Seattle for a few days. The plus side of that was that I got some oriental lillies and daiseys and cheesecake from the cheesecake factory :) He's a good guy.

                I also started class. It's a pre-req physcology class and it's pretty easy. However, I dislike one of my group members, because he's an idiot! I honestly have no idea how he made it through college to get his degree.. ugh. Oh well. And I think i'll make friends eventually. there is a girl in my group shes a little younger than me, but I think we could end up being friends.
               But we start a cohort in March :) and then 18 months from there, hopefully i'll pass my tests and get a subbing position, since it'll be in September and with the school year already started a full time prob wont happen right away.. We'lll see! And it also ends up being 5 months after Matt's contract is up. So he could get hired on for the season, or a new job somewhere else, we dont know and we'll overcome that hoop when we get there :) it's exciting to think about though!


And thats that.. I'm home alone again tonight and have no idea what to do for dinner.

AND is it dark anywhere else at 4:30? Its pitch black come 5.. its gross.. and it makes me tired

No comments:

Post a Comment