Monday, October 25, 2010

Minnesota :) Land of my friends and family

                  It has been a super long time once again between blogs. My excuse this time is that I spend to much time at a computer at work, that when I get home, I don't have the energy to write a blog. "Bankers hours" (845-615) really are not my thing.. But I am at work right now.. Anyways...

              We flew out of Portland early early and learned our lesson quickly about Southwest. If you ever ever fly Southwest, you want to make sure to check in 24 hours ahead. As we didnt and only received security passes to get to our gate. From there we checked in at the gate and I was in front of Matt when the lady informed me that I had the last seat on the plane. Ummm. Yes, I heard her correct, but I didnt want to get on the plane without Matt.  Not knowing if he'd get on and what flight he would get on, really freaked me out. Luckily, he was the last person allowed on the flight. With Southwest there is open seating based on when you check in. So I had ticket c31! the third to last person to board the plane. Of course there were only middle seats and I found my seat and sat uncomfortably for a little over 2 hours. I was a little grossed out since my legs had been touching not 1 but 2 total strangers the whole flight. And one of the guys had the arm rest up before I even sat down so he could spill into my seat. Talk about no personal space in our area.. Ugh. But the actual flying wasn't bad. The flight attendants were nice and fun. We got beverages and snacks on each flight and the seats were comfy (depending on who sat next to you)
              Matt was off the plane in Denver before me, since he had a seat towards the front of the plane.. As I walked off the plane and met eyes with him I began to chuckle. I thought he'd be annoyed I was one of the last people off the plane but I couldn't wait to show him that the 2 guys in front of me were who I sat between.. No joke, the 2nd and 3rd largest people on the plane. AND they decide to sit a seat away from each other? couldn't they have worked it out better.. Or thought to themselves "It's gonna be uncomfortable for the person who has to sit in between us two larger people I'll go somewhere else" Apparently not, and my story was proof of that. FYI the flight from Denver to Minneapolis we had a whole isle to ourselves.. ironic?

Our trip went by fast, but when we got back to Washington, it felt like we'd been gone forever.
          Wednesday we ate dinner with his grandma, grandpa Taylor and sister at his grandparents home on Lake Stella. I'd missed the lake... I wish we could have made it back in the summer... oh well..
          Thursday we had breakfast and coffee with his Grandpa Taylor and then lunch with Matt;s grandparents on the Hennen side. We went to the Twins game with his dad, sister and brother in law. That group is always a good time. The only bad part was that we couldn't see the jumbotron and the seats behind us one 10$ to the food stands for being US Bank porch "fans of the game" urgh.. We also managed to walk (literally) into Matt's step brother Adam and see Ryan, Abby and Dana too.. Small world right?
           Friday we drove up to Duluth and had lunch with my family and Payton. She is so stinken cute, I wish I could have seen her more.. And everyone else too. And I feel like I wanna make up for lost time. And I dont want her to forget her Auntie Kaylee. Friday night I had a sleep over with my friends at Black Bear, while Matt had his So Called Myth Reunion show.
         Wedding Saturday! After one hair fiasco, pictures and some tears, it was time to party the night away. It was a good time. My friends all looked beautiful. We clean up nice and know how to have a fun time :) Thankfully Matt had told me to stop drinking early or else I would have been hung over for Pam's shower I helped throw on Sunday. It was really nice to see my friends and catch up. It's unfortunate that we could only hang out a few hours, but I'll take what I can get. Next time I get home, Pam will have a 4 month old baby boy and Amy will have a newborn! Holy Moly! Crazy.
        Sunday afternoon we were able to hang out and eat dinner with my family. Clara, Jon and Arie were even able to stop by. Arie and Payton were so funny. They were so curious about each other. It was also really good to see my grandma since she was diagnosed with cancer. She seemed very upbeat and positive, which made it very easy for me to be so far away.
          Monday afternoon after lunch at McKenzies, (shocker..) Matt, my mom and I drove to Tanger and met Clara so we could stay the night at the Haycraft's. It was sad to leave my mom. I tried to hold in the tears, and think I did a good job of it.. So, we had a good relaxing Monday and remembered to check into our flights early so we got good seating numbers and got to sit next to each other :)

That's pretty much our trip back to Minnesota in a nut shell.. Now I can't wait to see my friends and family again :) Sorry if it doesnt make sense and skips a lot.. I just go with the flow...

No comments:

Post a Comment