So it has been a long long time since my last blog. I can't blame on it on not having time. At work it seems like all I have is time, and I dont know where it goes. I think I spend 40% of my day zoned out 30% thinking about food 10% day dreaming or planning and 20% actually doing work.. ugh. And since we got back from Minnesota my senses are on high alert because of all the robberies going on...
The weekend before we went to Minnesota, the family went on a hike. I can't think of the name right now, but it was long and amazing! (For you SATC fans that made me think of long, pink amazing... ahahaah oh Sam) I packed up a lunch while Matt put the kids in the truck and off we went. We stopped on the way at a park/boat landing for lunch. It was beautiful, not a cloud in the sky and not to hot or cold either.
After navigating through roads with directions like : take the 3rd left onto rocky road, go over the bridge, we'll call this bridge road take a right onto pothole lane and look for the 3rd tree with a pink ribbon. Watch out, it might have a monkey in it... okay that was a slight exageration. But those were pretty much the directions. It seemed like every tree had a pink riboon on it!
We began our trek up the mountain. It was a total of 5 miles. And took us about 2 hours to get to the top and an hour back down... We let the dogs run wild, so I didnt have Dude to help pull me up the hill, so it was a good workout. The "payoff" as I refer to it was beautiful. I feel so lucky. I know people back home would love to see this and I live an hour away. At the top, we were straight across from Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood, Adams and Reiner. Matt will post pictures on facebook soon. Until then, use your imagination. It was the best day for this hike though. If there was one cloud in teh sky, it woulda chopped off the top of one of the Mountain tops.
On a side note, I also had to go to the bar at 10am to watch the Vikings game. I say "had to" when really I went along for the breakfast.. and so Matt wouldnt have to sit alone. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment