This last weekend was actually a lot of fun. We were busy. Thursday, Matt and I went to downtown Camas for pizza at Twilight. We really like Twilight. The pizza is made with fresh ingredients and soo good! They have a chest of games too and we usually play Yatzee. It's fun. Then Friday, we went to Chipotle for dinner and watched Sopranos. I worked on Saturday but when I got done with work, it was actually very nice out. We we packed up the dogs for their first road trip in the RAV and off we went up to the North Bonneville area. Dude has an issue with going in his kennel when Jersey is in it already. I don't know if it's because he wants the room to himself or he hates sharing? It's just weird since he hadn't been like that before. And on the way up, Jersey was very noisy. Whining, yawning and whining and just grunting.. kind of obnoxious and luckily it didnt last long. And back to my story... We stopped at the Bonneville Dam to look for sealions. There were 2 out there. One was pretty funny to watch. He dived in the water a few times, and then he was just swimming with the current.. Pretty entertaining. Anways, About the hike, it was a simple 2 mile loop. There was so much to look at. There was a few bridges, moss with water dripping from it, some little ponds that were this pretty blue color (maybe from the snow) and a few waterfalls. And it looked like we were in a little valley too with the mountains on the sides of us. But, the end waterfall was awesome! it was so pretty and flowing into a beautiful pool. It was sweet. Matt should have pictures up in about 2 months. - He says he'll do it, but he's not as fast as I would be but oh well... After our hike, we came home made dinner and watched the Bulldogs win the title and the Twins lose another game! Thank god for broadcasts on the internet! Afterwards, we decided to head to an old fashioned bar in downtown Camas. The atmosphere was more upscale then the usual bar I'd like to go to, but it was fun. I had a real lemondrop, with vodka from Oregon and fresh squeezed lemons.. And I didn't have to pound it like you usually do with a lemon drop. Matt's drink was made with fresh orange juice too. Yum. Sunday our house was a sports zone. Between the computer and tv, I had the choice of baseball, hockey, basketball and golf. So I napped for an hour. Afterwards I peeled myself off the couch and we headed to Panda Express for lunch (I wanted a burger and fries, I guess it's called compromise and Matt says, "we need to get fit for the upcoming wedding" I hit up target while Matt went to game at Best Buy and then I headed to the grocery store. Big day, I'm sure you really wanted to know all that :)
Anywho. We are coming up on our year anniversary of living in the Pacific NW. We had the movers come exactly one year from today! So much has changed it is crazy. When we moved out here, we didnt have a place to live, I didnt have a job or a clue of what I wanted to do, Now, we have a place to live, I have a job and am going back to school! woo hoo! And on top of that we've seen soo many new things and done so much. Change can be good! Unfortunately, we missed the holidays with our families along with both my mom and Matt's dad's cancer scares and battles.. Ugh... so glad we have our families though.. They are wonderful..
We will be back in the great state of Minnesota in 17 days!! woo hoo! it's gonna fly by! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment