Wednesday, February 16, 2011

So Far So Good (for the most part) PART 1

January flew by and I can’t believe we already went on our vacation. We had planned it about 4 months ago, and it came and went… too fast.


We had an enjoyable Christmas. Matt spoiled me with some hiking things and the dogs got me a massage (I finally made an appointment for next Thursday, very excited..) We made dinner and went on a Christmas Day walk on the Lewis and Clark trail with the dogs. It was weird to me to not have snow on Christmas.


A few days before Christmas I got a phone call no one ever really wants to get. Matt had left in the early morning to go hunting with Jersey on a co-workers piece of land. We had talked a few times that morning and I was getting ready for work when the phone rang- Matt had rolled his truck. For some reason I felt as though my whole world was crashing in and I would be alone in Washington with Dude. I sat on the floor petting Dude crying. My immediate concern was Jersey, who had been in her kennel in the back of Matt’s truck. I thought Matt was alright since he had called me. After hearing she was okay, Matt was okay, and the truck… had seen better days.


I immediately called my mom, who could obviously do so much from 1800 miles away. After she got me to calm down somewhat, I spoke to my manager, packed up Dude, got the car ready and headed for Matt and Jersey. I posed pictures on facebook of Matt’s vehicle. We are so lucky that he wasn’t injured. I can’t imagine my life without him right now.


Having only one vehicle wasn’t ideal but we made it work. Matt drove my car to the park & ride and took the bus to work and back every morning from there he walked home at night. I walked the dogs to the park & ride every morning and drove home. Saved Matt some gas money by only spending 1 dollar each way


NEW YEARS EVE- Matt and I went to Los Dos (a hop skip and jump from our house) and had a few daiquiris and fajitas. Afterwards, we hung out and watched some TV. It is a little sad, but we were in bed at midnight. I am not sure of the exact terms, but fireworks are legal around here for the New Year’s celebrations. It might have been the daiquiris, but I invited the dogs up to watch the fireworks come midnight  they had no clue, but were pretty excited to be up on the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment