Our trip started out with a few road bumps, but overall it was a nice relaxing weekend.
Our friend Jolley was supposed to go with us with his dog Jones. However, Jones got really sick during the week and they had to cancel. (Jones is doing better btw). So Matt and I packed up 3 totes, a cooler, some bags, and the dogs and headed to Coyote Rock RV and Marina. I was pleasantly surprised. The people were really friendly. I liked our campsite. It was in the shade so our tent didn't heat up to 100 degrees by 6 am! I always hated that about camping.
We were supposed to go whale watching Saturday afternoon. But, they called us and had to cancel due to high winds and waves. The closer we got to the coast, the cloudier anss windider it got... Not what I had imagined.
We ended up driving down 101. We made a few stops along the way to get out and take pictures and see the ocean. It was sooo windy. We stopped at Beverly Beach State Park which had a beach and we let the dogs run wild as we walked the beach. The wind wasnt so bad, and it started to clear up so that was a plus. Dude mistook ocean water for lake water and was uprised by the taste. Other than that, the dogs loved it and behaved pretty well.
We also went to Yaquina Head? Or something like that. It has the largest lighthouse on the Oregon coast I think.. We also got to see the tide pools there. They were amazing! We saw starfish, anemones, some vegitation and other stuff I cant think of right now. AND harbor seals! They were hanging out in a huge group on a rock. It was crazy how many there were. We saw a lot of them take a dip too. We also saw a dead one on the beach. It was higher up on the rocks and had a orange cone infront of it. Not sure how it got there. .But that puppy was huge!
We also went to the devils punch bowl where you can look down into this bowl looking rock type thing. It was empty due to low tide, and I think during high tide, it actually fills up.
After seeing the tide pools, we drove through Newport, which is a very touristy spot and we did our part, by purchasing some salt water taffy and popcorn..mmm
We got back to the campground and make a cocktail. We walked don to the marina and played a game of ladder ball. They also had treehouses where you can stay too, but they were booked. How cool would it be to say you stayed in a tree house?
Anyways.. We sat around the fire, I had a couple chared marshellows and some 'smores and headed to bed pretty early.
We did get up at 2am because Jersey was doing the I'm gonna ralph get me outside noise.. And we failed miserably at getting the tent open in time, so there was a fresh pile of puke on our bed. What probably gave her a stomach ache were the chips and baked beans Matt had given her early.. Plus I decided to give them chewies to keep them busy while we sat around the fire. Lesson learned, nothing but food and treats for the next time. And hopefully stay on a grarss surface instead of dirt..
Sunday we ended up driving back North and did a hike along the Pacific Ocean. We walked through a rain forest, so it got pretty wet, but the views along the way were amazing.
That pretty much sums up our trip to the Pacific Ocean. I'm hoping we get back soon and we can see some whales!
No comments:
Post a Comment