Las Vegas!
Vegas was nothing like I imagined. But then again, I didn’t really have this great picture in my head. I thought it was a lot of clubs and drinking… I know I am not completely wrong here, but I was imagining night clubs everywhere. Instead, there were more bars, slots and shops. I can’t believe how each hotel is like its own town. Seriously. It seemed like each casino that we went through had a gift shop, maybe some other types of stores, arcades, slots, food, and drinks. It was nuts. We had a blast, though. Walked all over, in and out of casinos. Went to Fremont Street, saw the light show, played some slots, saw a baby shark, and drank at a piano bar. We saw a Siren’s of Treasure Island show outside of the Treasure Island hotel, it was super neat. Took in a hypnotist show where Heather, Matt’s sister was hypnotized. We also ate at the Hash House, which had huge portions and was pretty cheap. I had the largest BLT of my life and Matt’s breakfast was huge too. It was delicious though. One thing I wanted to do was to have a huge margarita or daiquiri. But, they were spendy and I knew once I had one, I’d be out for the night. Since only had 2 days so I didn’t get to see it all. But I’m looking forward to going back!
Arizona!
We drove from Las Vegas to Surprise. It wasn’t a long trip driving wise, but it was long, because everyone napped in the car and I can’t really sleep in the car, so it kind of sucked for me. We did stop at the Hoover Dam. Matt was pretty excited since he works on some dams out here in Washington and Oregon. It was really neat to see Hoover Dam. Just amazing how it all runs and is put together..
We had a blast in Arizona. Played lots of Dominoes, got to see the sun, and had great food. Matt’s grandparents even made the drive from Minnesota in time to see us. We made some homemade lemonade and it was delicious. And of course someone had a good idea to add vodka.. yumm.. We also went to a rodeo. Not super exciting, but at least we got to hang out and be outside. We were able to sit by the pool and Matt and I learned how to play pickle ball. It was fun after you got the hang of it. Matt really enjoyed it and made a bff named Seymour. We had a really nice steak and fish dinner with the family and his grandparents, kind of like a pre-valentines dinner. It was cute J Matt and I took a bike ride around the development too, he had to race and of course had to win.. Heather, Lori and I picked some oranges and grapefruit, the oranges were delicious. That’s about it. We didn’t get a chance to explore outside of their complex, because I could only get so much time off from work, but I definitely had a blast. And it was the best Valentines Day present ever!
It was also a little bitter sweet since my mom had started her first round of chemotherapy, while I was out partying on my vacation. My aunts were able to send me some pictures and it still seemed very surreal to me. It still does. It’s hard to think that my mom has no hair when I saw her 2 months ago with her flowing silver / gray locks. I’d rather have my moms hair gone, then her right? Yes, that’s why I say J Hair today gone tomorrow.. no big deal, it grows back.
It sounds like everything is going well with the chemo. She did have a reaction the first time she said that the part that hurts the most is the shot she gets the day after chemo. She is one tough cookie. I have no idea how she can work full time, go to chemo every other week and still keep it together! Scooter gives you a high five and Jersey gives you licks!
No comments:
Post a Comment